ST. AGNES COLLEGE LIBRARY
General Service – UG Library
- Orientation for the First degree students is done class wise within the library premises on various days from June to August during the Value Education Class.
- New arrivals of books and journals are displayed.
- Book jackets and information on career opportunities and other relevant information is displayed on the library Notice Board regularly.
- Students avail the facility of “Lending Services” (Facility to retain 2 books for the entire Semester) twice in a year.
- Refundable Caution deposit of Rs 100/- per book is charged to use reference books during the exams.
- Reprography service with reference to text books, journals, articles, magazines is made available.
- “Article Alert service” is provided on a regular basis on important topics.
- Adequate information and literature is provided to students for participating in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Electronic Public Access Catalogue facility is available through EasyLib Library Automation Software.
General Service – PG Library
- Library Training is used to introduce the 1st Year Master’s Degree students in August to the various aspects of the library resources.
- Information on career opportunities and other relevant information is displayed on the library Notice Board regularly.
- Day to day operations like circulation and accessioning of books through Easylib software.
- Reprography service.
- Article Alert Service is provided on a regular basis to the students.
- Adequate information and literature is provided to the students for pursuing their research in a particular topic.
Special Service – P.G.
Institutional membership from Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre, Ahmedabad was taken and access was given to NLIST Project e –resources (6000+ e-journals and 65000+ e-books) to the Users of UG and P.G Library. Training in accessing and using NLIST Project e –resources is given to students and staff of M.COM and M.A.in English literature.
Institutional membership from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore was taken and access was given to Health Science Library Network, (HELINET Database) which covers OVID and few journals from Science Direct Databases. Training in accessing and using is given to the students and Staff members.
Guiding them in writing review of literature/writing scholarly article for National and International Conferences.
Guiding the students in writing Bibliography according to APA Reference style and Vancouver style.
Assisting students to collect the literature and Research tools for their research and project